Quality is a tough concept when you are dealing with a web site. Web Quality refer to measurable characteristics- things we are able to compare to known standards such as:
In practical terms, this requires a site to validate against a series of checkpoints. These include:
- Checking for broken links.
- Checking for missing content, e.g. images.
- Checking for missing page titles.
- Checking the spelling and grammar of content.
- Checking for missing metadata.
- Checking the file sizes of pages to ensure they are not too large.
- Checking for browser compatibility.
- Checking that applications are functioning correctly, e.g. online forms.
- Checking that any Server Side Scripting or other languages function correctly.
- Checking that legal and regulatory guidelines are being adhered to, e.g. data protection and privacy.
- Checking that pages conform to your organisation's Web-Accessibility standard (if any), e.g. missing 'alt-tags'.
- Checking that the Website Design standard is maintained.