Google displays author information in the Google search results and if you want to display your authorship information for the content you create in the Google search results,
- you will need to create your Google+ profile and then verify authorship of your content, i.e link your Google+ Profile with the content you create.
Google provides following two methods to link your Google+ profile with the content you create. [ learn more ]
1. Using verified email address to link to your content. i.e verify your email address (email@example.com) on the same domain as your content.
2. Build authorship by linking your content to your Google+ Profile.
- from your webpage, create a link to your Google+ profile. i.e <a href="[profile_url]?rel=author">Google</a>
- Edit your Google+ Profile, and add your website link in the "Contributor to" Section.
You can use structured data testing tool to check what author data Google has extracted.